Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling

Why Not Me? - B.J. Novak, Greg Daniels, Mindy Kaling, Mindy Kaling

I waited impatiently for this to come out. I love love love her first book. It was full of funny anecdotes and a lot of sense. Sadly, I cannot say the same for this, although that last chapter was the bomb and caused me to raise my rating from a 3.5.

Somehow, I am more interested in Mindy in her first book. I could totally relate to her especially in her journey towards her dreams. It also helped that she drew inspirations from her 20s that's why it was funnier and more relevant to me

The punchlines were also predictable. This one is in a more serious note so maybe it's hard to insert jokes here that areactually funny. I could see the punchlines coming from a mile away.

I wanted to know the continuation of her's and Jocelyn's friendship (yes, I am that invested in them. Thank you very much) and it was exciting to see them in formal attires (and in a full body picture!) but that was pretty much all I got. It was also sad that there is no more David in here. ( I mean, he got you Harry Potter tickets! That must mean something, right?)

I love neurotic Mindy in the first book! But I think a large part of why it didn't work for me is because the Mindy here already has her shit together and, well, I still haven't.

4 stars