Boy Meets Girl

Boy Meets Girl - Meg Cabot I've never enjoyed chick lit so much as Boy Meets Girl. This had me really laughing out loud! This is actually the first Meg Cabot book I've ever read, and will be one of the many now.

Mitch is the one who really kept me laughing with his snappy retorts to Stuie! I've read their dialogues over and over again. Haha.

The characters felt so real I can almost see them at my workplace. The book is presented through their emails and IMs. It felt like going through the emails of someone I know in real life. Their problems and experiences are those which everyone goes through. (Or I think I'm just as confused as Kate is with her career).

I picked up this book for the lack of juvenile fiction available at my disposal, but I'm so glad. And before I knew it, I've finished it in 24 hours and rereading my favorite parts! I haven't read some chick lit in a while since I got tired of the love angle. But this!.. This has kept the love angle to a minimum and focused on their struggles in their career, family and relationships. (But hey, I wouldn't mind upping the romance a little bit. Kate & Mitch are too cute!)
The only thing I can complain about is that it never explained the reason why Mitch fell for Kate so hard and quickly. There are also some parts I feel has not transitioned well.

I have really enjoyed this fun, light read. I might be stacking up on more of Meg Cabot's.

4.5 stars