Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined - Stephenie Meyer

Oh, my. What have I gotten myself into?

I read Twilight and I.. liked some parts of it. Looking back, I think I romanticized the idea of reading a book I once liked, ever more, a reimagined one.

Boy, was I wrong.

I tried to read this a new book. I tried hard not to remember that it is just a reimagined Twilight so that I may "enjoy: it but it literally just switched the names of (almost) all the characters. There is nothing new here!

The problem with Twilight isn't the gender of the characters, it was their one-dimensional personalities. Nothing is going on for them except their "love", they are consumed by it. And it grows old. FAST.

They speak of "love" but I only see their superficial reasons. Little do I see the selflessness/depth of Beau when I am attacked by descriptions of Edythe's unworldly beauty every other sentence. Please, don't make me believe that helplessBella/Beau is someone special when all she could do is not give you what she's thinking.

So, excuse me while I go back in time and punch myself in the face for thinking that talking in your sleep is cool.